Jeanette Gipson Baker, Ed Leachman
, -Neil and Ruth Baker
. Karis Robinson, Rogers Hanson & Wife, Jeannine Mobley Rhea, Felton Vickers, ? & Barbara Russell standing in the background.
If you recognize anyone, please e-mail Minden Memories@AOL.COM
Photo's by Linda Holt Moorehead
Earlene Mendenhall Lyle, photo by Maurice Whitlow
Harold Johnson, recently elected to the school board, is driving.
Earlene Mendenhall Lyle, Class of 1956
The Photo's below were taken by Linda Moorehead
The Tree of Knowledge on Main Street
Can someone send us the story of how one man saved this
beautiful tree from being destroyed in the fifties?
Sharon Leachman is seated at the table?
Is the lady on the right Barbara Russell? Can someone tell us who the others are?
The pretty blonde is Jeanette Gipson...who are the others?
Don Bloxom, Karis Robinson Alderman and Ruth Baker?
Ruth & Neil Baker, back of Karis Robinson Alderman and Barbara Russell
L-R, Unknown in the brown & white shirt, Dr. Richard Baker, Dr. Don and Betty Deloach
facing Jeanette Gipson Baker and unknown lady in the black jacket.
Faye Kidd Braswell and Melba Weaver Love
. Jeanette Gipson Baker
. The cheerleaders can be seen on the back of the truck
and the honored graduates on their small float.
Jim Turner, photographer
GET TOGETHER AT MELBA'S HOUSE
THE PARADE....THEY CAME TO WALK
CEREMONY FOR DECEASED MEMBERS
THE FINALE - TALL TIMBERS
Minden High School Football Field
#1. Attempted shot of Earlene Mendenhall Lyle in the Grand Marshall
car. She was chosen as the "Most Illustrious Alumni" for 2006.
2. Peggy Cheshire Baldwin and Harvey Stewart
3. Bobbie Langheld Hereford, Melba Weaver Love
talking to Karis Robinson
4. Elvis Culverhouse, Jackie Jarvis in facing the camera in the blue jeans, Peggy Cheshire Baldwin
has on the blue sweater, Jeanette Gipson Baker & Richard Baker standing
behind her to her right.
5. Thelma Roberts Nelson talking to James Rhea Love,
Looks like Don Martin and Doris Jean Anderson.
6. Don Cook, Peggy Cheshire and Doris Jean Anderson
7. Irma Osborn Culverhouse & husband Elvis Culverhouse talking to Doris Jean Anderson;
Jeannine Mobley Rhea & Millie Aarons McMichael in the red pant suit talking to _____
8. Irma and Elvis Culverhouse talking to Doris Jean Anderson
9. Carolyn Merritt Barnett, the older lady was one of the teacher's ______.
Anyone know who the lady in blue is? Bobbie Jean Langheld is gesturing.
10. Roger Hanson, Doris Jean Anderson, Millie Aarons McMichael and Betty Sue Lewis Vickers
11. Helen Stewart, ?, Ruth Baker
12. Ruth and Neil Baker talking to Karis Robinson Alderman
13. Billie Turner and Thelma Frances Roberts Nelson
14. Mack Pevy
15. Jeanette Gipson Baker and Thelma Roberts Nelson
16. Don Cook and Doug Roberts
17. Betty Claire Rhea DeLoach, Doug Roberts, Bobbie Jean Langheld Hereford
and Peggy Cheshire Baldwin
18. Irma Osborne, Jackie Jarvis, Melba Weaver Love &
Peggy Cheshire Baldwin,
19. Bill Gardner
20. Doris Jean Andeson talking to Jeannine Mobley Love
If you can identify the others e-mail Minden Memories@AOL.COm
#21. Group on a borrowed trailer at the parade; Doug Roberts is in the blue shirt.
Behind the MHS sign I see Betty Sue Lewis Vickers and Millie Aarons McLemore in the
red pant suits.
#22. John Lee either on or around the borrowed trailer.
Who are the other men?
23. Harvey and Helen Stewart trudging along behind the trailer
24. Neal Baker and James Rhea Love dutifully following
25. Melba Weaver, Bobbie Langheld Hereford, ______,and _______
2nd. Row. Harvey Stewart, Doris Jean Anderson, Helen Stewart, James Rhea Love, Neil Baker
3rd. Row, may be Elvis Culverhouse
26. L-R, Jeff Tucker in the plaid shirt, Don Martin, Edd Leachman, Tommy Frye and
James Moorehead in the navy blue shirt at the Holiday Inn
27. L-R, Jeff Tucker, Don Martin, Ed Leachman, Tommy Frye and James Moorehead
28. Holiday Inn Get Together - Standing to the left is Jeanette Gipson Baker
talking to Jackie Jarvis..Richard Baker is next to the man in the blue shirt.
At the next table ... in the red, I see Neil and Ruth Baker. At the next table,
I think I see Thomas Baldwin, Don Cook and Harvey Nelson.
If you can name the other classmates e-mail us @ MindenMemories@AOL.COM
29. L-R, Thelma Frances Roberts Nelson, ___. Bobbie Langheld Hereford
Is that Betty Sue Lewis Vickers behind Bobbie?
Can someone name the other ladies?
30. More Holiday Inn - Betty Sue Lewis Vickers on the left in the red
Irma Osborne & husband Elvis Culverhouse on the right in the red checked shirt.
I enjoyed seeing the pictures of the '56 Reunion! To add to the identifications, picture #30,
Wayne Lee is next to his wife, Nancy Burrell Lee (in the pink pantsuit.)
(Identified by Margie Roberts.)
If you can name anyone else, e-mail us @ MindenMemories@AOL.COM
31.L-R, James Madden talking to Betty Sue Lewis Vickers,
Who is the man in the white shirt?_________________
Ed Leachman in the plaid shirt, Jeff Tuckers back talking
to Don Martin in the red shirt.
CEREMONY FOR DECEASED MEMBERS
32. L-R, Pre Deceased gathering at back of Tall Timbers.
Billie Turner is in the black scarf and red T-shirt. If you recognize any of the other
classmates e-mail us at MindenMemories@AOL.COM and tell us who they are.
33. More pre-dinner gathering - Thelma Nelson in the red blouse standing by Don Cook in the blue
checked shirt. Behind her, I think I see Neil Baker's head.
34. Is this when Bobbie Jean Langheld starts the ceremony for the deceased class members?
35.L-R, Liz Farrow and Thelma Frances Roberts talking to Jeanette Gipson Baker
36. More of the pre-dinner gathering.
If you can name them e-mail us
37. Wayne (Kenneth) Lee, Johnny (Bo) Lee, and James Madden
38. Visiting before dinner - If you recognize anyone would you e-mail us and tell us their names?
39. More pre-dinner chat...Ed Leachman visiting with the ladies
Does anyone know who they are? If so, e-mail us at MindenMemories@AOL.COM
39. Betty Sue Lewis & Irma Osborne - Does anyone know who the man is in the picture?
40. Betty Sue Lewis Vickers, Irma Osborn Culverhouse and Mildred Aarons Michael,
Does anyone recognize the couple on the end?
41. Shots of Table groups - Do I recognize Carolyn Merritt at the front table?
To the left of the mirror I recognize Betty Sue Lewis Vickers and Millie Aarons McMichael
42. Do I see James Rhea Love seated at the table on the left?
43. Carolyn Merritt, Melba Weaver Love, Billie Turner, Neil & Ruth Baker
Lyda and James Madden, and also at the table with Neil and Ruth Baker. Is that
James Rhea Love at the head of the table?
44. a better view of Carolyn and Melba